Brochure Type: USA and Canada 2017
Awe-inspiring volcanoes, royal beaches and the Waimea Canyon mark your progress, on this laid-back journey of discovery of Oahu, Hawaii, Maui and Kauai.You'll enjoy Insider moments like... blending the lines between water and sand, as you spend your night connecting with the Manta Rays. This unique experience is an absolute highlight. Watch as the most robust species of the Manta Ray, unique to Kona, shares secrets with the water they live in.
- Orientation of Honolulu and Kailua-Kona
- View the Kilauea Volcano
- Visit Pearl Harbor, Pali Lookout, Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, Jaggar Museum, Maui Ocean Center, Grove Farm Sugar Plantation, Thurston Lava Tube, a local farm on Maui and Waimea Canyon
- 10 full breakfasts.
- 4 dinners.
- 2 lunches (including Be My Guest).
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Aloha Welcome with flower lei on arrival at Honolulu International Airport on Day 1
- A Trafalgar Bonus - All inter-island flights: Honolulu-Hilo, Hilo-Kahului and Kahului-Lihue including all airport transfers
- Your choice of three hotel categories: Moderate, First Class and Premier accommodation including two-bedded rooms with private facilities, all hotel service charges and tips, baggage handling fees and local taxes
- Cherry-picked hotels all tried and trusted
- Hand-picked Insider Experiences
- Optional Experiences and free time
- Porterage and local charges included
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and separate Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Airport transfers on the first and last day of your guided holiday
- VIP entry to many sights
Call (800) 840-8220 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13153554
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 3/31/2017
- 11 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Honolulu||Arrive Honolulu, Oahu - Waikiki (2 Nights): Welcome to Hawaii. In the traditional Aloha spirit, you'll be greeted at the airport with a flower lei. Explore your hotel in the heart of Waikiki Beach and spend the rest of the afternoon as you like: dive into the warm gentle waves of the Pacific or relax with a tropical drink poolside. At 6 p.m., gather for a Hawaiian-style Welcome Reception and dinner with your Travel Director and fellow travellers.Welcome Reception, Dinner|
Marriott Waikiki Beach (Moderate - CV, First Class - POV, Premier - DOV)
|Day 2||Pearl Harbor and Honolulu||Pearl Harbor and Honolulu Sightseeing: Begin your exploration of the island Oahu. During a visit to Pearl Harbor and the USS Arizona Memorial, you'll be moved by this tribute to the World War II military personnel still entombed in the ship's hull since the fatal attack in 1941. After a drive through the National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific in Punchbowl Crater, return to downtown Honolulu to see the splendid Iolani Palace, former home to Hawaii's last monarchs, and the iconic King Kamehameha I statue at Aliiolani Hale. View the current state capitol building, built in a Hawaiian version of modernist Bauhaus architecture. The rest of the afternoon is yours to spend relaxing on the beach, doing some shopping or just exploring.Full Breakfast|
|Day 3||Keauhou Bay||Oahu - Kona - Keauhou Bay, Hawaii (2 Nights): Your morning begins with a short, scenic flight to the Big Island of Hawaii. Upon arrival, enjoy an orientation tour of the lively seaside village of Kailua-Kona followed by time to explore the local shops in this quaint and bustling town. Join a Local Specialist at a local coffee plantation to learn more about one of the Big Island's most notable and fragrant crops. Later, check into your oceanfront resort and perhaps get a glimpse of the most famous guests on the property: the manta rays. Meet your Local Specialist at the hotel's Manta Ray Learning Center for an exciting presentation about these large and graceful animals. Speaking of rays, enjoy rich island flavours at Rays on the Bay with views of these resident sea creatures.Full Breakfast, Dinner|
Sheraton Kona Resort and Spa (Moderate - MV, First Class - POV, Premier - OV)
|Day 4||Kona||Kona Free Time: Wake to the sound of the sea and explore one of the most beautiful areas in the world on your own today. Options abound: don a snorkel and mask to see some of Hawaii's colourful and varied marine life, descend into the ocean depths on a submarine to explore a natural coral reef and its marine inhabitants, experience a spectacular helicopter flightseeing excursion over the Big Island, or just relax and enjoy the pool and other facilities at your oceanfront resort.Full Breakfast|
|Day 5||Kaanapali Beach||Keauhou Bay - Hawaii Volcanoes National Park - Hilo - Kaanapali Beach, Maui (3 Nights): Make your way to Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site that's home to the world's largest volcano. On the way, see the immense stretches of black sand beaches that the island is known for and enjoy a stop at the southernmost bakery in the United States. Inside the park, learn about the fiery geology of the islands and walk through a real lava tube at an interpretive museum. Afterward, enjoy lunch at The Rim restaurant offering unparalleled views of the Kilauea caldera. Later, travel to Hilo where you board your flight to Maui, the Magic Isle. Formerly a royal retreat, magnificent Kaanapali Beach is often ranked as one of America's finest beaches. Check in to your beachfront resort and relax for the evening.Full Breakfast, Lunch|
Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa (Moderate - RV, First Class - POV, Premier - OV)
|Day 6||Maui||Maui Sightseeing: This morning, travel along the coast to the Maui Ocean Center. Here you'll be introduced to the center's conservation naturalists who are passionate in sharing the underwater world with you. The center is home to the world's largest collection of live Pacific corals, elusive Hawaiian green sea turtles, sharks and thousands of vibrant tropical fish. Next, head into the countryside to visit a local farm and learn about the sustainable agriculture on the islands. Then toast your host with a glass of wine and indulge in a Be My Guest lunch serving up Hawaiian specialities made with the freshest local ingredients. This evening enjoy the sunset from your resort, stroll over to nearby Whalers Village or venture into old town Lahaina to try one of the many festive restaurants. Full Breakfast, Be My Guest Dining|
|Day 7||Maui||Maui Free Time: Enjoy a full free day in paradise as you chart your own course through Maui's tropical wonderlands. Spend some time along the majestic white-sand beaches. Explore the old whaling village of Lahaina with its trendy art galleries and welcoming cafés. Play 18 holes at a championship golf course overlooking the sea. Embark on a whale watching cruise or dip in the warm tropical waters to get an up close view of Maui's ocean flora and fauna on an optional snorkeling experience. Join your travelling companions this evening for a lively Hawaiian Luau, and Regional Meal, featuring a buffet, tropical cocktails with the songs and dances of old Hawaii and the South Pacific.Full Breakfast, Regional Meal|
|Day 8||Lihue||Maui - Lihue, Kauai (3 Nights): Today, bid "Aloha" to Maui with a short flight to Kauai, the Garden Isle. Relax and get settled in at your beachfront hotel.Full Breakfast|
Aqua Kauai Beach Resort (Moderate - LV, First Class - PV, Premier - OV)
|Day 9||Kauai||Kauai Sightseeing: Start your first day on Kauai with a visit to Grove Farm Sugar Plantation, including a private tour of the home on this historic sugar cane plantation. Then, set off for Waimea Canyon to view one of the most majestic geological wonders in Hawaii with its vibrantly colourful buttes and deep valley gorges.Full Breakfast|
|Day 10||Kauai||Kauai Free Time: Spend a free day on Kauai, soaking in its many natural wonders. You may choose to travel by helicopter over the Na Pali Coast and Manawaiopuna, commonly referred to as "Jurassic Park Falls". Don't forget to leave some time to enjoy your resort's stunning pool and gardens. On your final night in Kauai, join your Travel Director and travelling companions for a festive Farewell Dinner.Full Breakfast, Farewell Dinner|
|Day 11||DEPART KAUAI||Depart Kauai: A hui hou... until we meet again. Take your transfer to the airport or extend your stay on Kauai.Full Breakfast|
- Crossovers: All 2016 departures will operate per the 2016 brochure. Hotels and inclusions may vary. Please inquire at the time of booking.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class