San Francisco and Wine Country Delights 2017
Brochure Type: At Leisure USA and Canada 2017
This laid-back journey from San Francisco to Sonoma and Napa explores all the sights and tastes along the way, including the fruits of world-renowned wine country.You'll enjoy Insider moments like... sampling the fine art of wine-blending under the deft guidance of Peter at Ravenswood Winery. Smell the acids from the Carignan wine and taste the fruit infusing the Zinfandel, before creating your own special blend to take home and share with friends.
- City tour of San Francisco and Sonoma
- Scenic drives along the Carneros Highway and Silverado Trail
- See Napa Valley while riding aboard the Napa Valley Wine Train
- Visit Nicholson Ranch and Ravenswood Winery in Sonoma and the Oxbow Public Market in Napa
- 6 full breakfasts.
- 2 dinners (including Be My Guest).
- 1 lunch.
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Cherry-picked hotels all tried and trusted
- Hand-picked Insider Experiences
- Optional Experiences and free time
- Porterage and local charges included
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and separate Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Airport transfers on the first and last day of your guided holiday
- VIP entry to many sights
Call (800) 840-8220 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13358510
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 6/30/2017
- 7 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||San Francisco||Arrive San Francisco (3 Nights): Welcome to San Francisco and the beginning of your wine country adventure. After checking in to your hotel, feel free to start your discovery of San Francisco and preview the many sites you will visit in the coming days. At 6 p.m., gather at a local restaurant with your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Welcome Reception.Welcome Reception|
Hyatt Regency San Francisco
|Day 2||San Francisco||San Francisco Sightseeing: After a leisurely breakfast, begin your day with a visit to San Francisco's famous Saturday morning Ferry Plaza Farmer's Market for a food-tasting adventure with a Local Specialist. After some time on your own for lunch at Fisherman's Wharf, set out for a real insider's experience of Haight-Ashbury, ground zero for the hippie generation in the '60s. Join Local Specialists for a guided walk in the footsteps of Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix, and The Grateful Dead to learn about the impact of the alternative rock culture on San Francisco and the world. This evening, join your Travel Director on a walking tour through Chinatown, exploring the neighbourhood's fascinating history. Inhale the fragrant scents of the tea and herbal shops, admire the Chinese-style buildings, and enjoy a Cultural Insight during a stop at the Golden Gate Cookie Factory to watch how fortune cookies are made. Tonight, enjoy a Regional Meal at a local restaurant.Full Breakfast, Regional Meal|
|Day 3||San Francisco||San Francisco At Leisure: Take the entire day to explore glorious, exciting, eccentric San Francisco on your own. Ride the cable cars, shop Union Square, or visit the museums and gardens of Golden Gate Park. You can also venture further away on optional trips to Carmel and Monterey, Muir Woods National Monument or Yosemite National Park. Your Travel Director will be happy to help you make any arrangements.Full Breakfast|
|Day 4||Sonoma||San Francisco - Sonoma (3 Nights): Leave your heart in San Francisco as you set out in search of Bacchus in California's world-renowned wine country. Enjoy a Regional Meal lunch as you journey through the countryside sampling wine aboard the vintage rail cars of the Napa Valley Wine Train. Proudly continuing the railroad traditions of yore, the train offers a truly unique and memorable experience. The evening is yours to spend any way you like. Perhaps dine at one of the delicious restaurants on historic Sonoma Plaza.Full Breakfast, Regional Meal|
Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn Authentic Accommodation
|Day 5||Sonoma||Napa Valley Excursion: Enjoy a visit to an olive press in Sonoma where you take a tour to learn about the harvesting process and the making of olive oil with a Local Specialist. Stroll historic Sonoma Plaza where you will have lunch on your own. Planked by the Presidio and Mission San Francisco de Solano-the last California mission built-browse the unique gift shops that line the square. Then retreat to a private blending lab at Ravenswood Winery with a Local Specialist-create, taste and bottle your own perfect combination of Carignane, Petite Sirah and Zinfandel. Enjoy an evening at leisure to spend as you please.Full Breakfast|
|Day 6||Sonoma||Calistoga Excursion: Starting with a visit to downtown Napa and the Oxbow Public Market, today is a day devoted to tasting the savoury, sweet, salty and spicy flavours of California wine country. Sample creamy, delicate, locally-produced salami and speciality sausages, and sate your sweet tooth with a tasting of decadent chocolate. After travelling the stunning Silverado Trail, lunch is on your own in downtown Calistoga, noted for its hot springs and geyser. Continue on to a vineyard where you will enjoy a tour with tastings straight from the barrel, concluding with four wine tastings, paired with artisan cheeses. This evening in Sonoma, celebrate wine country with a Be My Guest Farewell Dinner at a local winery where you'll enjoy a private tour and sample estate-produced wines.Full Breakfast, Be My Guest Dining|
|Day 7||Depart San Francisco||Napa - Depart San Francisco: Before you know it, it will be time to say one last 'cheers' in California. Take your transfer to San Francisco International Airport, or to the Hyatt Regency San Francisco if you are extending your stay.Full Breakfast|
- - These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class