South America Landscapes Summer 2017 - NEW
Brochure Type: South America 2017
A discovery across South America's most influential and intoxicating countries, the icons of Chile, Argentina and Brazil and stunning Patagonia are brought to life by Insiders and unique experiences.You'll enjoy Insider moments like? feeling the beats of South America Samba in Rio and seeing how Argentinian Tango should be danced at Lina and Gaspar's home in Buenos Aires. It's meeting other locals passionate about sharing the traditions of their homeland.
- Cruise in Chile's Lake Region and on Lake Nahuel Huapi in Argentina
- Orientation of Puerto Varas
- View Devil's Throat Falls
- Visit the Christ the Redeemer statue, Chile's wine country, Sugarloaf Mountain and Corcovado
- 12 breakfasts.
- 5 dinners (including Be My Guest).
- 2 lunches.
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- A Trafalgar bonus - all Intra-Air Flights: Santiago to Puerto Montt, Bariloche to Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires to Iguassu Falls and Iguassu Falls to Rio de Janeiro, including porter service at all airports
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Hand-picked Insider Experiences
- Optional Experiences and free time
- Porterage and local charges included
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and separate Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Airport transfers on the first and last day of your guided holiday
- VIP entry to many sights
Call (800) 840-8220 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13358558
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 6/30/2017
- 13 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Santiago||Arrive Santiago (2 Nights): Welcome to Santiago, the fifth largest city in South America. You will be met by a local host upon arrival at the airport and taken to your luxury hotel in fashionable Las Condes.|
|Day 2||Santiago||Santiago Sightseeing: This morning, meet your Local Specialist for an exciting tour of the city and a visit to the Central Market. Then head for the Casablanca Valley, Chile's wine-producing region known for its premium wines. Visit an exclusive winery where you will enjoy a gourmet Regional Meal lunch served alfresco on the beautiful grounds. After, meet the winemaker for a Cultural Insight and a personalised winery experience, from the vineyards to the bottling process. Then celebrate Chile's proud wine-making traditions with a wine tasting. The evening is at leisure. Perhaps try a restaurant in the trendy Bellavista District.Full Breakfast, Regional Meal|
|Day 3||Puerto Varas||Santiago - Puerto Montt - Puerto Varas: Fly south from the Chilean capital to Puerto Montt, one of Chile's beautiful coastal ports. Then it's on to Puerto Varas for a tour of the "City of Roses" on the way to your lakeside hotel. The rest of the day is free for you to enjoy before an included dinner in the evening.Full Breakfast, Dinner|
Cabana del Lago
|Day 4||Bariloche||Puerto Varas - Lake Crossing - Bariloche (2 Nights): An exciting day awaits as you cross the Andes via land and water. Your first stop is the Petrohue River to see the burbling waterfalls cascade over black volcanic rock. Then cross Todos Los Santos Lake with the mighty Osorno Volcano looming in the background. Keep an eye out for the giant Andean condor gliding over the lake. Back on land, it's time to sit back and relax as you drive by breathtaking landscapes of snowcapped mountains, gloriously green forests and sapphire blue lakes. Stop for lunch in pretty Peulla before crossing the border into Argentina and enjoying a cruise on majestic Lake Nahuel Huapi. Arrive in Bariloche this evening.Full Breakfast, Lunch|
NH Edelweiss Bariloche
|Day 5||Bariloche||Bariloche Sightseeing and Free Time: Discover the natural wonders of one of Argentina's prettiest areas, known as the "Switzerland of South America." Meet your Local Specialist and travel along the "Circuito Chico" for spectacular views of forests, mountains and sparkling waters in Nahuel Huapi National Park. Visit lovely Playa Bonita, soak up the scenery from the hilltop of St. Edward's Chapel on the Llao Llao Peninsula, and ride a chairlift to the top of Cerro Campanario for sweeping views of the high peaks of Catedral and Tronador. Then, learn about Bariloche's chocolate connection with a visit to the Chocolate Museum and sample a delicious array of this Cultural Insight. The rest of the day is free in Bariloche.Full Breakfast|
|Day 6||Buenos Aires||Bariloche - Buenos Aires (3 Nights): Fly from the edge of Patagonia to the vibrant city of Buenos Aires. This evening, join your Travel Director and fellow travellers for an exclusive Be My Guest in Palermo Soho. You will be welcomed by a local family and residents of this trendy neighbourhood in the fashionable Palermo Viejo. Be delighted as they wine and dine you with homemade family recipes. Discover the secrets of kneading country bread and see members of the family dance the Tango.Full Breakfast, Be My Guest Dining|
Emperador Buenos Aires
|Day 7||Buenos Aires||Buenos Aires Sightseeing: Get acquainted with Argentina's largest city and capital with a Local Specialist. See the Plaza de Mayo and the iconic pink Casa Rosada. View the colourful and fashionable neighbourhoods of La Boca and San Telmo. Stare in awe at the famous Teatro Colon, a landmark in Buenos Aires. Drive along the stately Avenida 9 de Julio, said to be the widest street in the world, to the elegant Recoleta, the cemetery where Eva Peron (Evita), Argentina's former first lady, is buried. The afternoon is free before a Regional Meal with an authentic taste of world-renowned Argentinian beef. Cap off the evening by watching the best Tango dancers, a Cultural Insight, in Buenos Aires perform.Full Breakfast, Regional Meal|
|Day 8||Buenos Aires||Buenos Aires Free Time: Relish a morning and afternoon to pursue your own interests where the possibilities are endless. Visit one of the country's finest museums at the Museo Nacional de Bellas Artes, visit a local market or for a different side of Argentina, perhaps take a trip into the countryside to spend the day at a traditional estancia (ranch) for the Fiesta del Gaucho (festival of the cowboy), with a lively equestrian show and a traditional parrillada (barbecue) lunch.Full Breakfast|
|Day 9||Iguassu Falls||Buenos Aires - Iguassu Falls: Take a morning flight to Iguassu Falls, Argentina. Meet your Local Specialist for a visit to Iguassu National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, home to one of the world's largest waterfalls. Board an open-air ecological jungle train and bask in the majesty of the falls. Along the way, take a walk on a catwalk to get an up-close view of the cascades and view the thundering Devil's Throat Falls. Cross the border into Brazil for a relaxing evening and dinner at your resort.Continental Breakfast, Dinner|
Wish Resort Golf Foz de Iguassu
|Day 10||Rio de Janeiro||Iguassu Falls - Rio de Janeiro (3 Nights): Return to Iguassu National Park and spend the morning exploring the Brazilian side of the falls with a Local Specialist, including a scenic walk through the rainforest at the base of the falls. This afternoon, fly to Rio de Janeiro and transfer to your elegant hotel overlooking pristine Copacabana Beach.Full Breakfast|
Miramar by Windsor
|Day 11||Rio de Janeiro||Rio de Janeiro Sightseeing and Free Time: Meet your Rio Local Specialist and ascend Sugarloaf Mountain by cable car where you'll see unforgettable city and bay views. The afternoon is at leisure. Perhaps take an optional cruise on Guanabara Bay viewing Rio's picturesque city skyline and Sugarloaf Mountain.Full Breakfast|
|Day 12||Rio de Janeiro||Rio de Janeiro Sightseeing: Board a classic cogwheel train for the journey to the summit of majestic Corcovado, site of the iconic Christ the Redeemer statue, one of the Seven Wonders of the World. Then, accompanied by your Local Specialist, continue your exploration of the cidade maravilhosa (marvelous city) and its many contrasts from the 18th century aqueduct and colonial Candelaria Church to the 20th century opera house, Sambadromo, and city cathedral. Later this afternoon, head over to a Samba school where a representative of the school will give a Cultural Insight into how the school prepares for Carnival week. You'll also be able to view Carnival costumes and for those that desire, participate in a dance lesson. This evening, visit a renowned churrascaria for a festive Farewell Dinner complete with a caipirinha mixing demonstration.Full Breakfast, Farewell Dinner|
|Day 13||DEPART RIO DE JANEIRO||Depart Rio de Janeiro: Your day is free until your transfer to the airport or choose to extend your stay at the Miramar by Windsor in Rio de Janeiro.Full Breakfast|
- Land and Intra Air prices include economy air and air-related charges for flights between Santiago-Puerto Montt, Bariloche-Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires-Iguassu Falls and Iguassu Falls-Rio de Janeiro and require purchase of round-trip air travel on LATAM between your gateway city and the itinerary's start and end gateway cities (ticket number required). If flying with another airline between your gateway city and the itinerary's start and end gateway cities, the above prices will be higher. Prices are accurate as of 1 May 2016. For up-to-date information, see Terms and Conditions.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class