GLOBUS 2021: Essential Britain (GC)
12 Day Tour from London to London
Thrones and scones. Hops and scotch. Rock stars and famous rocks. They're all included on this enthralling and encompassing tour of Britain. Pack your tweed and tartans for the best of London and country, the Scottish Highlands and Lowlands, and the enchanting villages and valleys of Wales-and prepare to be swept away like a runaway bride at the elopement capital of Gretna Green. The castles and cathedrals of London, Edinburgh, and Cardiff, as well as the charming pubs on every corner, will steal your heart away. With visits to the baffling boulders of Stonehenge, the battlefield of Culloden Moor, Shakespeare's birthplace of Stratford-upon-Avon, and The Beatles' hometown of Liverpool, this tour of Britain promises rocking discovery and enlightenment, not to mention honorary degrees in ancient history, English literature, and music appreciation.
Call (800) 840-8220 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15246360
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 3/31/2021
- 12 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||London||LONDON Welcome to London! Uniformed Globus Hosts will be waiting to welcome you. Free time this afternoon.|
|Day 2||Plymouth||LONDON Meet your Tour Director and traveling companions at 8 am before departing for Stonehenge.STONEHENGE Guided visit. 219 mi / 352 km (B,D)|
|Day 3||Plymouth||Scenic drive through West Country to Poldark's Cornwall.LOOE Visit the pretty fishing village and former smugglers' port.PLYMOUTH [LF] Scenic cruise on Plymouth Sound. Free time this evening. (B) 42 mi / 70 kmENHANCE YOUR FREE TIME in Plymouth with an excursion into Dartmoor National Park including an evening of storytelling at a local pub. This and many more options throughout your tour are available for purchase with MyGlobus. Get local maps and tips for free time on your GlobusGO mobile app.|
|Day 4||Cardiff||GLASTONBURY Visit the city of King Arthur and the Holy Grail legends.BATH Visit the excavations of the Roman Baths. (B) 184 mi / 295 km|
|Day 5||Liverpool||Scenic drive along the Taff Valley and Brecon Beacons National Park.BUILTH WELLS Stop at the ancient market town.LLANGOLLEN Visit the picturesque town.LIVERPOOL Free time the remainder of the day. (B) 190 mi / 306 km|
|Day 6||Glasgow||LIVERPOOL Visit The Beatles Story.LAKE DISTRICT (a UNESCO World Heritage Site) Scenic drive.GRASMERE Visit Wordsworth's beloved village. Sample [LF] the original Grasmere gingerbread.GRETNA GREEN See where the blacksmith would wed runaway couples and [LF] take part in a wedding re-enactment. (B,D) 236 mi / 380 km|
|Day 7||Inverness||GLASGOW Orientation drive to see the 12th-century cathedral, university buildings, and Georgian squares. Scenic drive past Loch Lomond, Rannoch Moor, Glen Coe, and Fort William.LOCH NESS Drive the length of the legendary lake. (B,D) 178 mi / 286 km|
|Day 8||Edinburgh||CULLODEN See the battlefield of Culloden Moor.PITLOCHRY Walk through the Victorian mountain resort.ST. ANDREWS See the home of golf and the famous university town.EDINBURGH MILITARY TATTOO Attend the world-renowned Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo performance. (Departures July 31 through August 21 only). (B) 202 mi / 326 km|
|Day 9||Edinburgh||EDINBURGH Morning city sightseeing with a Local Guide includes the New Town and Old Town. Visit to Edinburgh Castle to see Scotland's Crown Jewels. Visit to Holyrood Palace (when available, excluding August and other occasional dates). Free time. (B)|
|Day 10||York||ALNWICK At Alnwick Castle choose to visit the Castle or explore the garden.YORK See York Minster and walk through The Shambles. (B,D) 214 mi / 344 km|
|Day 11||London||STRATFORD-UPON-AVON See Anne Hathaway's Cottage. Visit Shakespeare's Birthplace. (B) 255 mi / 410 km|
|Day 12||London||LONDON Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations ? Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include International airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) ? please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).