2021: On Safari in Kenya & Tanzania (3550)
11 Day Tour from Nairobi to Arusha
Call (800) 840-8220 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15544408
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 6/30/2021
- 11 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Nairobi||Welcome to Africa! Arrive this evening, check in to your hotel, and prepare for your safari adventure!|
|Day 2||Maasai Mara National Reserve||This morning, depart for Maasai Mara National Reserve, Kenya's most famous game area. After lunch at your lodge, set out on your first game drive in search of the 'Big 5'-lion, leopard, elephant, rhino, and Cape buffalo. (B,L,D)|
|Day 3||Maasai Mara||Today, enjoy morning and afternoon game drives in the 'Mara,' as it is called by locals. Part of the Serengeti ecosystem, the reserve boasts a strong permanent population of game. When the Great Migration of wildebeest and zebra arrives the population enlarges by almost 2 million. This provides a great food source for predators such as lion, cheetah, leopard, and hyena. (B,L,D)|
|Day 4||Amboseli National Park Area||Today, board a plane for the quick flight to Nairobi. After a short break, drive to Amboseli National Park, best known for spectacular views of Mount Kilimanjaro, the highest mountain in Africa at some 19,341 feet. Embark on an afternoon game drive before settling in at your lodge. (B,L,D)|
|Day 5||Amboseli Area||Morning and afternoon game drives offer you a great opportunity to get close to the mighty elephant. You might also spot Cape buffalo, zebra, wild dog, and more. During the heat of the day, relax at your lodge. (B,L,D)|
|Day 6||Lake Manyara National Park Area||This morning, cross the border into Tanzania. After lunch in Arusha, proceed to your camp overlooking Lake Manyara. (B,L,D)|
|Day 7||Ngorongoro Conservation Area||Lake Manyara National Park is a small, ecologically diverse park with groundwater forests, grassy plains, and alkaline Lake Manyara itself. The park is also home to the world's largest concentration of baboon. Watch for these mischievous primates, giraffe, hippo, and more on your morning game drive. Then, journey to your lodge and enjoy some time at leisure this afternoon. (B,L,D)|
|Day 8||Ngorongoro Area||Descend into the crater for a full-day game drive. Ngorongoro Crater is technically a caldera-the world's largest unflooded one, in fact, at more than 2,000 feet deep with a floor covering over 102 square miles. Game viewing here is fantastic, as most of the animals stay in this area year round. You can see lion, Cape buffalo, hippo, elephant, and flamingo. This is also your best chance to see the rare black rhinoceros. A picnic lunch will be served in the crater. (B,L,D)|
|Day 9||SERENGETI NATIONAL PARK AREA||Today, drive to Serengeti National Park, Tanzania's largest and most famous park. Home to the annual Great Migration of wildebeest and zebra, it attracts visitors from around the world and is great for game viewing year round. Enjoy lunch at your lodge before an afternoon game drive. (B,L,D)|
|Day 10||Serengeti||The Serengeti covers an area of roughly 5,700 square miles, so it is no surprise that the name comes from the Maasai word siringit, meaning 'endless plains.' Continue your exploration during morning and afternoon game drives. You have the chance to see the big cats-lion, leopard, and cheetah-as well as an abundance of other animals, including the Nile crocodile, giraffe, gazelle, and eland. (B,L,D)|
|Day 11||Arusha||Fly back to Arusha and transfer to the Mount Meru Hotel, where a day room has been reserved for your use. Schedule departing flights after 5 pm. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Dates & Prices above do not include air travel.Participation in this vacation requires purchase of the following flights from Monograms, not included in pricing: (1) roundtrip air from your U.S. gateway and intra-vacation air segments; or (2) intra-vacation air segments only, starting at $475. Required intra-vacation air segment: Maasai Mara/Nairobi; Serengeti/Arusha. Air prices were effective on July 14, 2020 and their availability is limited. At the time you purchase your vacation, air prices may be higher.Park entrance fees of $616 per person are included.
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Cosmos, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Cosmos, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Cosmos to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Cosmos menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include International airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Cosmos).